Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Patriotic

HELLO...HELLO...HELLO!!! Yesterday I saw a challenge using the colors Real Red, Whisper White and Night of Navy!  I LOVE being patriotic so I decided I wanted to participate!  When I went out to my workshop...to my dismay...I found that I do not own ONE PATRIOTIC stamp set!  I couldn't believe it...not one...and I REALLY wanted to participate in this challenge. Here is the challenge and a link to the site http://thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/ 


and here is my card.....

To start, I made my card base Whisper White with a layer of Real Red on top.  All of the action on the card is on the Night of Navy layer.  I just ordered the Star framelits, but they haven't arrived yet, but I did pre-order the Eclectic paper piercing template set and had it right there!!! THANK GOODNESS!!
I decided to use my Whisper White Bakers Twine to stitch the stars after I pierced them.  I LOVE stitching on scrapbook pages, but hardly ever do it on cards, BUT I WILL NOW!!! LOVE IT!

I originally had a red glimmer paper star in the middle of the star (on top)...but during the night I dreamed about putting it under the Night of Navy...so I changed it first thing when I woke up this morning....EVEN before I made the kids breakfast!  The new colors of glimmer paper are FANTASTIC!


 

I chose to use the Starburst Sayings stamp set because of what it says!  Those who serve, those who have served and their families really do make the world a better place and I wanted to say THANK  YOU!  I heat embossed the sentiments with white embossing powder onto Night of Navy cardstock and then cut them out with the Starburst framelits.  The stars are  from the Circle Card framelit.  

...the inside of the card...a bit of cuteness...but plenty of room to write a note!! 

Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...