Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Are you ready for some MORE Curvy Keepsake Box FUN? .....WEEKLY DEALS are here too!



GOOD TUESDAY MORNING to you all today!  I hope your week is starting of BEAUTIFULLY!  I have a few more creations to share with you using the Curvy Keepsake Box Die....I am COMPLETELY ADDICTED to this die!  It is SO MUCH FUN and has SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!



First I have my candy corn!  Very simple to make!  Just cut out two Curvy Keepsake Box pieces in Very Vanilla, two in an orange color (I used Tangelo Twist) and two in a yellow (I used Hello Honey).  It's best to use designer paper for your layers...I know this because I tried to use cardstock...but it was WAY TO THICK...and wouldn't fold right...and looked TERRIBLE!  The sentiment is from the stamp set That's the ticket!

My nine year old daughter, Kathryn, is IN LOVE with horses!  She has that blood....her dad grew up with horses and was a team roper for awhile....but that third child coming along was the end to us having horses.  She desperately wants her own horse...so I made this for her!  I used the Extra Large Oval punch and the Owl Builder punch for the head, the ears are made with the Sweetheart punch (just cut it in half).  The eyes are from the Owl Builder punch (you can also use the 1/2" and 1/4" circle punches)...Candy Dots for inside of circles from the 1/4" punch for the nostrils.  The stamped image is from the new YEE-HAW stamp set....it is so dog gone cute!                                      

The face of my cow is made with the Extra Large Oval punch, the spots all around the cow, the horns and the eyes  are all made with the Owl Builder punch,  the nose is made with the Large Oval punch...which I punched out in Pink Pirouette and then punched again to make it smaller.  The small oval punch is just too small.  The ears are made with the Pansy punch...I punched out one petal and cut it in half.  The cow bell is made with the square charm that is part of the Curvy Keepsake Box Die that I made the body out of.  I trimmed it to look like a cow bell.  On both the cow and the horse...I cut an extra Extra Large Oval out so that I could back the faces with...that way they look good from the back too!

I also have the WEEKLY DEALS for you!




Thanks bunches for stopping by today!  I hope you feel inspired!  I'd LOVE to hear what you think...so leave a comment if you have a moment!  

Have a wonderful day and REMEMBER....
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Darla, I found your fabulous creations on Pinterest,, what a hoot, amazingly creative and so so fun. Thank you for generously sharing your ideas and SU should pay you a commission for the orders that will generate from your inspiration.....don't we wish..lol Thank you for your newest obsession with the box, we ALL benefit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam! I have had TONS of FUN making these! I'm so glad that you think others will benefit from my ideas. I have really found a passion in creating....LOVE WHAT I'M DOING and SHARE WHAT I'M DOING! Thanks for taking the time to comment....I LOVE reading them!

      Delete
  2. Hi Carla! Fellow demonstrator here..... Which color paper and ink for the distressing did you use for the main parts of the horse? Is that choc chip or soft suede paper with early espresso to distress edges?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! The paper is Crumb Cake and I inked the edges with Early Espresso...HAVE FUN!

      Delete
  3. Hi Darla,
    I could not find the tutorial for the snowman using the curvy keepsake box. Where can I find it...it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! I'm so glad you like my snowman! The tutorial is on the right side of my blog...underneath my picture and about me! Let me know if you have any problems!

      Delete
    2. Carol...double checking...did you get the tutorial?

      Delete

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...