Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Week of UPCYCLING - Day Four

Good morning friends!  What a beautiful, rainy, cool day we are having this Thursday morning!  Yesterday we had quite a storm!!! Lots of ...THUNDER...LIGHTNING...and a HUGE DOWNPOUR!  It was FUN and a WELCOME RELIEF form the heat!  I was really grateful that it wasn't dry lightening...as those storms most certainly bring fires.  For now...I am thoroughly enjoying the cooler weather!  

Today is day four of my week of UPCYCLING!  I hope you are having fun as you follow along! 

Do you shop at Costco? Do you buy their canned chicken breast?  Well...I do and today that is what I will be UPCYCLING!  I originally thought...oh...I can make a cute basket out of that...





BUT... I do a lot of baskets...goody holders...and I really wanted to do something different!




Here it is as a container!  It's really cute...I was going to punch holes in the side and add a wire handle with some ribbon...


INSTEAD... I turned it over and made something else!




...a candle holder...and...I just LOVE it! 

The paper is from the Farmers Market designer pack.  The flower is made using Hello Honey cardstock and the Spiral Flower Originals Die. I made the leaves with the Flower Fair framelit out of Old Olive cardstock...I scored them on my Simply Scored board.  I punched the center of the flower with the 1 1/4" circle punch and ran it through the Decorative Dots embossing folder.

I grabbed a candle from a previous post to use as an example because I really wanted to get this posted today...and enjoy the rain...and my kids...and my husband (who is home because he worked all night restoring power from the lightening storm).  I thought this one matched pretty well...so here it is.  Of course I could have made it totally matchy...but just a plain, simple candle would work....or a rustic candle...your imagination is the limit!  

THANKS BUNCHES for stopping by!  I'll see ya again tomorrow!  Have a BLESSED day!


~TODAY'S THOUGHT~

"I cannot even imagine where I would be today 
were it not for the handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy!  Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun!"

~Charles R. Swindoll 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...