Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Fall FUN!

Hello friends...HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I hope your day was great!  I've been missing in action for a couple of days!  I have NO EXCUSES...I just plumb forgot to blog!  You know those days when you get so busy with life that you wander around, trying to figure out what you need to do?  Well I've had a couple of days like that!  I do want to share a Fall card that we made in my workshops this month...I hope it inspires you to create this weekend!

I LOVE the new Happy Scenes stamp set! OH THE POSSIBILITIES!!! I also LOVE the new Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies.  Put them together and you get this fabulous card!  

First I ran a piece of 3 3/4" X 5" Pool Party cardstock through the Woodland embossing folder and inked the trees with Whisper White pigment ink.  Then I stamped the fall scene in Soft Suede and colored it in with Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Hello Honey markers.  I also sponged some sky with Bermuda Bay and grass with Old Olive.  I cut the window out in Early Espresso and attached it over the scene with dimensionals.  I tied a bow around the window with 1/4" Pear Pizzazz Cotton Ribbon and added a button to a leaf from the Into the Woods Elements.  I tied a piece of Linen Thread into a knot in the button for a rustic feel.  Pretty cute card don't you think!  I'm having FUN with this stamp set and the window, but I must admit that I was a bit crazy with the background.  I originally wanted to use the Brick Wall embossing folder but it drove me nuts because I wouldn't be looking out the window at fall scene and be looking at a brick wall....hence the trees!  

I kept the inside of the card simple so there is plenty of room for a note! I just used the same scene, but colored just what I wanted with a Early Espresso marker and colored it in!  BE SURE TO CLEAN THE STAMP REALLY WELL FIRST!  (ask me how I know this?)

I love how it turned out and my SU group is having a card shower for a fellow teammate battling ovarian cancer...so I think I'll send it her way!  Hopefully it will bring a smile to her face!

Well...that's all I have for ya today! Thanks for stopping by!

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!!

~Today's Thought~

“Better days are coming.....
They are called Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...