Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Summer FUN...with Colorful Seasons Stamps and Seasonal Layers Thinlits

Hello there! How's your day going?  BUSY I bet...because it's SUMMERTIME! I hope you are enjoying every moment of it! 

As you know from yesterday's post, I took my daughter and another young lady to camp yesterday. It was  a 3 1/2 hour drive so two ice teas and a coffee later I really had to use the facilities.  I got them checked in and settled into there cabins and top bunks then walked quickly to the bathroom!  I made it just in time but boy do I have a FUNNY story to share with you!  

I finished up, turned to flush....heard a CLANK and realized that my keys had fallen out of my pocket and into the toilet and were quickly disappearing into nowhere land. As fast as I could, I reached into the toilet as it was swirling and my finger touched just the tip of a key.  I pressed hard as the water was rushing and trying to pull the keys down...down...down.  I pushed my hand as far down  the drain as I could trying DESPERATELY to hold on. Today I have a bruise on my thumb knuckle as my witness!  All the while I was squealing no no no no no no no...! I can only imagine what the teenage girls were thinking as I victoriously emerged from the stall...a little wet...a little panicked but holding DRIPPING KEYS in hand!  DISASTER AVOIDED! Boy was my heart beating fast...how would I explain that to the AAA tow truck driver...or my husband!?!?!

Well...anyways...I'm relieved to be home and I have a FUN card to share with you today....and no, it does not involve toilets or keys! We had a team sketch challenge and this was my submission!

My card base is Whisper White with the first layer being Crumb Cake! For my second layer I embossed a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock with the Oh My Stars embossing folder...I think they look like little suns! Next I embossed a piece of Pool Party cardstock using the Seaside embossing folder, leaving the bottom plain so I could heat emboss some sand over it!  I used the Seasonal Layers thinlits to cut out my Daffodil Delight beach chair and the Umbrella Weather framelits to cut out my umbrella in Pumpkin Pie cardstock with a decorative piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock. The pole is from the same framelit set.  I tied a piece of Crushed Curry and Pool Party Bakers Twine around it and into a bow. SUPER CUTE I think!

For the inside of the card I added another chair in Bermuda Bay and heat embossed some more sand. The sentiment is from the Colorful Seasons stamp set.  This stamp set and the Seasonal Layers framelits can be purchased as a bundle for $54.00...item #145348 (page 147). You'll probably be seeing a lot of this set on my blog...and on Pinterest!



This is the sketch that we were challenged with! We had 15 entries and it was so much fun to see all the creative ideas that were shared! I love sketches...especially when I'm blocked creatively...they help me get started sometime! 

If you decide to try this sketch, I'd love to see your creation!  Come back and post it on my blog in the comments section!

Hey...thanks BUNCHES for stopping by!  Have a FABULOUS day! Hope to see you back tomorrow!



~Today's Thought~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

Let's Chat & Most Adored Tutorials

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Holy cow...I'm still exhausted! I'm heading out for my walk now though and hopin...