Darla Daisies Loyalty Program & Tracking Form

Darla Hutt-Watson

My photo
Weaverville, CA, United States
Hi there! I'm Darla and I live in BEAUTIFUL Northern California! I am a mother of seven terrific kids and have been married to my husband for 32 years. I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator since 2010 and love ALL THINGS paper crafting. I also have a scrapbooking retreat business called Scrap Happens Retreats. I love teaching and learning new techniques, sharing ideas, hosting my retreats, being a wife and a mom. Hiking, bicycling, gardening and cooking are a few of my other hobbies. I'm living for Jesus and LOVIN' LIFE!!

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Bike Ride!

Good Morning friends! Here we are...another beautiful day! I'm going to be SEWING in my workshop today with my daughter...finishing up those bags we took a class for back in JUNE...but first I wanted to share something FUN that I've been working on!

So my husband is a power lineman by trade but a bicyclist by choice! He used to be a team roper, but gave the horse up when the third kiddo came along. So now he rides a bicycle and is SUPER trim and fit (me not so much...but I'm working on it). I do love to ride with him when he is doing a leisurely ride (which kicks my coo!). I want to write him a LOVE note...just because so I chose to make a card for him with a cycling theme!

Did you realize you can find INSPIRATION in many places? It's AMAZING what inspires me sometimes!

This is the wallpaper on my phone (I think of him often) AND my INSPIRATION!!

I LOVE the colors and the style...it's just BEAUTIFUL!




Here's is the card I created to give to him! I'd LOVE it if you told me what you think in the comments below! To me it's SUPER FUN!

You're probably figuring out that I LOVE our SU Glossy paper! I used the wiping technique to create the background.  I wiped Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay, Powder Pink, Crushed Curry, Perfect Plum and Wisteria wonder onto a piece of 4" X 5 1/4" Glossy White cardstock.  Next I used the Bike Ride stamp set to heat emboss the bicycle using black embossing powder...I could have also used Memento Black ink! Next I used my Labeler Alphabet stamp set for the saying. I adhered the stamped imaged to a 4 1/8" X 5 3/8" piece of Basic Black cardstock, tied some Basic Black Bakers twine around the layered image and then mounted it to a Whisper White card base. Of course I had to bling it up a bit by adding Clear Faceted Gems to the center of the wheels! He's gonna LOVE that! It's a simple card that I'm gonna use to invite him on a bicycling date...I hope he says YES!!

Well...I'm off to sew! I hope this encourages you to look for inspiration all around you! It's out there...I PROMISE and not just on Pinterest (which is FABULOUS)!

Thanks BUNCHES for stopping by! I love sharing what I do with you! I hope your day is TERRIFIC!!

~Today's Thought~







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments....they are always such an encouragement!

3D Thursday - Flowering Zinnia Seed Packet

Hello everyone!  Welcome to another 3D Thursday project!  I am the designer this week and in honor of spring (although snow is a possibility...